The Project aims to address the following areas of the (overall) AAR capability:
- The development of AAR Doctrine.
- The development of AAR Procedures.
- Inform and influence the Education and Training of AAR Planning staff at the CAOC/JFAC levels.
- Technical standardization through the ratification of STANAGs.
- Introduce common AAR Training and Currencies.
- Inform and influence the AAR Clearance Process.
- Inform and influence future procurement.
The following methodology is applied in order to achieve the project objectives:
Continual assessment of the Alliance AAR capability (including capacity, interoperability and standardisation) and incorporating Lessons Identified where applicable.
- Custodianship of AAR Operational-level doctrine (ATP-3.3.4 Vol II).
- Custodianship of AAR Procedures (ATP-188.8.131.52 (ATP-56)).
- Chairmanship of the NATO Air-to-Air Refuelling Panel (AARP) reporting to the Air Operations Support Working Group (AOSpWG) and the Military Committee Air Standardization Board (MCASB).
- Management of the AAR Technical STANAGs.
- Chairmanship of the Air Refuelling Systems Advisory Group (ARSAG
- Interoperability Panel responsible for documentation including input to, and the production of, the AAR STANAGs.
- Participating in the the NATO Defence Planning Process (NDPP) to incorporate accurate and relevant AAR information.
- Promoting an AAR Planner training program for NATO AOC staffs.
- Promoting the exchange of technical data (iaw Smart Defence) to improve the AAR clearance process.
- Proposing minimum standards for AAR crew training and currencies.
- Engaging and maintaining close relationships with other NATO bodies (NAFAG) and Organizations (ARSAG, EDA, MCCE, EATC) dealing with AAR issues.
- Assessing new technologies development in the AAR domain.
NATO AAR Flight Plan (An Assessment) Feb 2011
JAPCC Journal Article on AAR technical clearances “A Happy Marriage but Still with Sorrow”
2011 ARSAG Interoperability Panel
NATO Air-to-Air Refueling Update
NATO Air-to-air Refueling - Training and Currencies
2012 ARSAG Interoperability Panel
ATP-56 and NATO STANAG Update
AAR TECHNICAL COMPATIBILITY DATA EXCHANGE: MISSING OPPORTUNITIES
Air-to-Air Refuelling Co-ordination Cell
Joint Air Power Competence Centre (JAPCC)
47546 Kalkar, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)2824 90 - 2294 (2212, 2215)
Fax: +49 (0)2824 90 - 2274