CS Branch is responsible for the following core functions:
- Participation in the development and coordination of Joint Air Power (JAP) related NATO strategic level and transformation policy, doctrine, concepts and publications.
- Provision of CS Branch input to JAPCC support for the Partnership for Peace Programme (PfP).
- Provision of CS Branch input to JAPCC support for the NATO/EU relationship.
- Development and maintenance of JAPCC relations with external agencies and educational establishments in the field of CS expertise.
- Maintenance of the requisite level of knowledge and information to provide CS subject matter expertise in the fields of:
- Air to Air Refuelling (AAR).
- Support Helicopters, Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) and Special Operations.