CA Branch is responsible for the following core functions:
- Participation in the development and co-ordination of Joint Air Power (JAP) related NATO strategic level and transformation policy, doctrine, concepts and publications.
- Provision of CA Branch input to JAPCC support for the Partnership for Peace Programme (PfP).
- Provision of CA Branch input to JAPCC support for the NATO/EU relationship.
- Development and maintenance of JAPCC relations with external agencies and educational establishments in the field of CA expertise.
- Maintenance of the requisite level of knowledge and information to provide CA Branch subject matter expertise in the fields of:
- Suppression of Enemy Air Defences (SEAD) and Electronic Warfare (EW).
- Manned Air Including Attack Helicopters.
- Unmanned Combat Air Vehicles (UCAV), Precision Guided Munitions (PGM) and Cruise Missiles.
- Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) and Theatre Missile Defence (TMD).
- Maritime Air Including Carrier Operations.